Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I can't believe what I can do!

I've been doing CrossFit for four months, and some of the things I am able to do now just blow my mind!  When I started, I couldn't do any pull ups (even with the assistance of a big black band), and yesterday, I was able to do 3 rounds of 12 (with the black band)!  I was so surprised.  The last time I did them, I could get to 10, but it was tough.  Somehow yesterday, I was able to do the 12 with little trouble.  Then today, I decided to give ring dips a try (with the assistance of a band).  I was pretty worried cause dips have never been easy for me even just doing them on a bench.  However, I actually did 4 rounds of 5 of them! All I can say is WOW!  Even in high school when I was playing sports all the time I was never able to do pull ups or dips, granted, these are assisted, but knowing that I am getting stronger and will one day be doing them without help seems so much more real!  I'm going to keep pushing.  This weeks goal is to try to push at least one exercise every workout to the next level!  Wish me luck!  I never know what tomorrow's workout is until tomorrow, so this will be a good challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment