Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Getting Started

Thought I would give this a try.  My name is Jamie.  I have a wonderful husband and 2 great kids.  I love them dearly, but there are times when I would give anything for some alone time.  So, after nearly 14 years of marriage, I find myself unhappy with my body and ready to make some changes.  I want to get not only myself in better shape physically, but I also want to teach my kids healthy habits that will last them a lifetime.

Fortunately, I have many wonderful friends, and several of them have dedicated their lives to improving the health and well-being of others.  It is through them that I get my inspiration! 

So, for the past year, I realized that I wasn't living the life I wanted.  I had no energy and was tired all the time.  I would get home from work and only feel like sitting and watching TV.  I didn't want to go out and play with my kids, and I definitely didn't want to get up and make dinner.  My family was eating a lot of fast food and very little fruits and veggies.

All the while, I was going to these talks that my chiropractor was having about nutrition and living a more healthy life.  Crazy, right!  So, one day, I get an email from a close friend that includes a link to her blog dedicated to her taking her body back after 4 kids.  I was so inspired!  So, I decided right then and there to take my life back!

Since Christmas of 2010, I have been trying to make small changes that have turned into big improvements in my lifestyle!  I swore off all soda.  I eat at least one fruit or veggie with every meal.  I now drink water all day.  I joined FitBodies CrossFit gym.  I am happy to say that I am now completely addicted to CrossFit!


I have lost a little over 10 lbs since starting the CrossFit just before Christmas!  Not sure on the inches.  More importantly, I have SO MUCH energy!  I get done with my workout and come home and immediately start making dinner.  Occassionally, I have even talked my kids into a little workout in the living room.  While my son doesn't get very excited about it, the energy that my daughter shows for it is amazing!  She is the one that keeps me inspiried the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment