Friday, March 18, 2011

Back to the gym...

So, I finally made it back to the gym yesterday after almost a week of not working out.  While I was REALLY looking forward to getting back, it was REALLY tough!  Most of my normal workout crew wasn't there, so I had a really tough time getting through it mentally!  Thank goodness everyone at the gym is so friendly and cheers each other on!

Here was the perscribed WOD:
"Nancy"
5 Rounds for Time
400m Run
15 Overhead Squats (95/65)
Time to shoot for????? 11:30 min?
STRENGTH:  Overhead Sqats 75% X 5, 80% X 5, 85% X AMRAP
CASHOUT:  3 Min AMRAP
10 Abmats
5 Ring Dips

Here is what I actually did:
2 Rounds of 400m Run and 15 front squats(45lbs)
3 Rounds of *200m Run and 15 front squats(45 lbs)
*I think my trainer saw how bad I was dying after the first two rounds!

Got it done in 15:12 though!  Not bad for a fat girl who can't run!

CASHOUT:
I did 10 box dips instead of the 5 Ring Dips (just can't muster the muscle for those yet!)
I think I accomplished somewhere around 6 or 7 rounds (lost count due to lack of oxygen!)

No workout tonight, so I will have to force myself back to the gym on Saturday morning!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous that you get to do that there.. We have nothing like it here in NM..Wait we have nothing cool here in NM:)...
    Remember when we used to go go go go and go? And our bodies when never think about quitting on us? Yeah, those days are over..I love my 'light train' days of running 3 miles..I more so love my off days when I don't have to do a dang thing. My body loves them even more!
    Flippin' age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember where you are in NM. Since there is nothing cool there, maybe you should open your own CrossFit gym! Or, you can just move here where we have 3 CrossFit gyms! Ha! "Light train" is 3 mile run! You are flippin' nuts! For my "light training", it is WiiFit yoga. Part of the reason I started the CrossFit is cause my body was giving up on me. Back, hips, neck always hurting. Hoping this helps slow down my old age!

    ReplyDelete